Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vintage Dictionary Pages with Quotes

Im obsessed with vintage dictionaries, sheet music, bibles, ect... The color the paper gets when it ages is just absolutely gorgeous and if your lucky enough the edges will have just enough wear to show the amazing life the book has had but not enough to look like it was ran over by a dump truck, carried off by a raccoon, and then used as a bed for a litter of kittens <- weird i know but if you have ever seen a really beat up damaged book you know exactly what I mean. There are many times I hold the book up with a look on my face like WTF happened to you... give it a little farewell hug and lay him to rest. ( i swear i save as many as I possibly can) 

Now you may think my house looks like the cat lady's but with books instead of cats... well you are mistaken I am really good at hiding my collection of dictionaries and books. I started to look into things/crafts I could do to re-purpose these beautiful books so they could be shared and loved by others.. I am obsessed with quotes. Happy quotes, sad quotes, funny quotes, serious quotes, mean quotes, famous quotes, the list goes on and on. 

So here is what I have came up with so far!!!! I can not wait to get some vintage frames and have these lovely babies ready to sell once Twin Giraffe Antique opens!




1 comment: